x

Why isn't my emailed receipt / invoice image displayed correctly?

My logo/image does not display in the emailed receipt.  

The image cannot be found.  This is a problem on the SquareUp side.. the image is not linked correctly.

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 78
77 REPLIES 77

February 2017 & still no fix for what should be a simple coding change????

Message 22 of 78
Admin

Hello everyone — I went to check for updates and this receipt display issue is still ongoing. I do apologize for how this affects the experience for your customers. While we do not have any updates at this time, I've shared these most recent posts with our Product Liaison team, who advocates for improvements based on seller feedback. We will certainly come back to this thread as any developments become available. 

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 23 of 78

I'm currently having this issue as well. The screenshot is posted to https://spaces.hightail.com/space/CtzVu/files

Message 24 of 78

Same thing is happening to me on ALL my emailed credit card receipts, my logo and images are ALWAYS missing it's 2019 and I use OUTLOOK 365, KINDA SUCKS!

Message 25 of 78

I'm glad they're trying to fix it. Perhaps you could remind them that we don't have control over the email clients our many customers use. 😉

Message 26 of 78

Seriously, its been well over a year, how hard can it be?

Message 27 of 78

I agree, come on guys, this just confuses my clients when they receive a receipt, looks very unprofessional.

Message 28 of 78

My Logo does not display on invoices and I have uploaded it 3 times.

Message 29 of 78
Square Community Moderator

@RobertKushner does it show if you email it at all? What happens when you try uploading it?

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 30 of 78

15 months later and you guys still haven't resolved a simple broken image link? Our receipts also have a broken image link.  I've tried jpgs and pngs, with no success.  Just terrible.

Message 31 of 78

Perhaps there isnt a development team, 15 months for an important client facing image fix, how long to fix other issues? Anyone from Square actually looking at this thread do you think?

Message 32 of 78
Alumni

Hi @bomweb and @ITGremlin,

Another Seller @RHatch found a solution in a separate, related thread by making the logo square. They suggested formatting at 250x250. Please let us know if that works out for you.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 33 of 78

Emailed order confirmations to our customers show only a question mark where our logo should appear. Any ideas?

orderconfirmationqmark.png

Message 34 of 78
Square

Everything looks good from our end, any chance that your customer is using Outlook for their email or Internet Explorer to view their confirmations? Our team is aware of an issue with images not displaying correctly when opened in some versions of Microsoft Outlook and Internet Explorer. We’re working on a fix, but in the meantime you may want to advise your customer to view an invoice from an updated browser if they’re using an older version of Outlook or Internet Explorer to receive emails.

Message 35 of 78

I'm having the same issue with Outlook 2010.  Logo shows online through Square's website and with my webmail, but not in Outlook, even after clicking "Click here to download pictures."  Any luck with an Outlook fix?

Message 36 of 78
Square Community Moderator

@tdigital Nothing new on this as of right now. Older versions of web browser can give some users trouble. 

I recommend having them clear the cache of the web browser, make sure it's fully up to date, or switch to an updated browser all together. 

Message 37 of 78

I am having a similar issue. My logo appears at the top of emailed receipts, but it is not showing up on marketing newsletters. I see the little holding image of a storefront awning where my logo should be. I saw on another thread someone suggested to delete the logo and reload. I did that but it did not fix the problem. Has anyone had logos not show up in marketing emails?

Message 38 of 78

You'll find the same problem in this thread started in Feb 2016 and still not fixed : Troubleshooting Thread

Message 39 of 78

Hello @CD2, the storefront image is the default image for marketing emails. When you're creating your campaign you'll have to click on the storefront and you'll then see the option to upload your logo. I hope this helps! 

Message 40 of 78

Wait -for real? I just assumed it pulled in the logo from the reciept since it's the same design! How did I miss the prompts for that? Anyhoo, I will try it. thanks

Message 41 of 78

Ok, but the logo IS there when I am designing the email. But it's NOT on the email I get as a preview in my inbox.

Message 42 of 78