x

Can Square POS be used on a 2-in-1 laptop? Please do not mention the virtual terminal!

Hi. We want to skip the Square stand and pricey I-pads and use 2-in-1 laptops to charge customers. Since they are touch screens, they would be very easy to use. So, are there any 2-in-1 devices that are compatible?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hey @VLR, thanks for bringing this up and sorry for the delayed response here.

At this time, we can only support a specific set of Android or iOS tablets. For a complete list of supported devices, have a look at this resource: Device Compatibility.

While we do not currently have a timeline available for 2-in-1 device support — we will certainly announce any developments. In the meantime, I hope you're able to find a supported tablet that works well for your business. Please keep in touch and let us know if you have any other questions!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 6

As a business grows, it can't run on a tablet OS.  I need to buy into a solution that grows with success.  Please consider supporting Windows 10, especially from the backend software side.  Also, their new generation of tablets, especially the ones coming out this fall with Qualcomm cellular chips, will make a compelling, alway-connected point of sale device.

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

@RJJ I'll let our Product Team know that this is something you're interested in seeing.

This would definitely allow Square to be more accessible to more businesses and more people, but we’re not currently working on support for Windows.

If anything changes or any updates come along we'll be sure to announce it to everyone. 

Message 4 of 6

We started using Square as a mobile payment device since our POS's were hardwired in the Baseball stadium.  However, if we can utilize Square on our 30 hardwired POS Windows touch screen systems we could continue to use Square the rest of the year, possibly longer.  Does anyone have an update to using Square on Windows devices?

Message 5 of 6
Alumni

At this time, Windows devices are not compatible with Square's POS system. Sorry about that. @SalemRedSox

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6