x

Can I apply a discount to an eGift card?

I would like to issue an eGift card as a donation to a non-profit. Is there a way to do this from either the dashboard or the register? If it were a physical gift card I would do this by loading the card through the register and "paying" with the "Other" tender (and including a note "donation"). Is there an eGift equivalent?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller Alumni

From what I recall reading somewhere on the support site for gift cards, Square does not support E-Gift Cards at this time.

Message 2 of 4
Alumni

I volunteer with a community organization in my neighborhood so I think it's really fantastic that you are supporting an organization, @thepenny

@jjgard would have been 100% correct not too long ago, but we recently started supporting eGift Cards with Square Point of Sale (you can set up eGift Cards from your Items on your Dashboard). Unfortunately, I have some less exciting news, it is not currently possible to apply a discount to an eGift Card the same way you can with a physical gift card

Even though an eGift Card can not be used this way, I hope you can still find a way to support this organization. Please let me know if you have any other ideas or questions about this.  

Message 3 of 4

I found this workaround.

1- create a 100% discount.

2. create an egift card for person

3. discount the gc with 100%

4. The value is the original amount, the cost is 0, and it doesnt mess up draw count.

I hope this helps.

#themassagemillionaire

www.themassagemillionaire.com

Message 4 of 4