x

SSL Encryption is a must have in 2017

Hey everybody! It's time to take this request down because Weebly kindly gave everyone an upgrade to SSL quite some time ago already, which is totally awesome and greatly appreciated! Kudos to WEEBLY for this important improvement. I have now phased out all but one of my WordPress sites because hey, who wants to diddle around with hackers and constant updates when Weebly takes care of it flawelessly?! 

My hat's off to the crew at Weebly. I intend to be a customer for a long, long time. All the best!

Message 1 of 152
151 REPLIES 151
Square

Sorry to hear that, @TonyJ82. I can't provide an ETA unfortunately, though this will be available for client sites once we finish rolling it out.

Message 67 of 152

It is rediculous that there is no ETA, no timetable, no committment.  How can a organization run like this?  I am fed up!  Without a timetable I need to look for another hosting company.

Message 67 of 152

The settings tab for my sites still give the option to upgrade from Pro to Business and nothing else. Adam, Please let us know when our websites will have the (free hopefully) ability to be secure. thanks

Message 67 of 152

Has this been rolled out to everyone yet?.. The SSL option in my settings is still asking me to upgrade.. Come on it's November already..

Message 100 of 152

Not yet. We do apologize for the delay, and you should see the option to enable SSL soon.

Thanks,

Erin

Message 100 of 152

Hey Thanks!, The option is available for me now and has been enabled successfully..
Message 100 of 152

So glad to hear it, @Jackiegomez!

Message 100 of 152

Can I please get my SSL enabled? This is my third request. I held out from committing to a plan because of this, then suddenly I saw that I had the option and enabled it on my basic (free) plan. Excited that you finally kept your word, I upgraded to the starter plan and now I don't have the SSL option anymore.  I've been patiently checking almost daily for it because I know you are trying, but this is ridiculous.

My site is flagged not secure by Google.  Now instead of upgrading to the Pro or Business plan, I'm thinking that I may just need to go premium with Wix and get a refund from Weebly. (Cautiously, I created a free account with Wix and Weebly at the same time for this reason).

I chose Weebly, but I'm really starting to regret the decision. Any plans for me to offer sites to my clients through Weebly has been dropped because of this. Small business owners really don't need this during the busy holiday season. 

Message 100 of 152

Hi, @NetatNetKiEnt.

Sorry for the frustration caused by SSL! Hopefully we can get this resolved soon. 

Just to clarify - you turned on SSL and then upgraded to Starter, but now you are unable to turn on SSL again?

Thanks,
Erin

Weebly Community Manager

Message 100 of 152

Hello Erin,  

Thank you for your reply.  Yes, I checked one day, had SSL available on my free plan, enabled it and had it.  When I upgraded to the starter plan, it was no longer available.  

Message 100 of 152

Hi, @NetatNetKiEnt!

I just checked your account, and it looks like it's been rolled out to you. Please let me know if you have trouble enabling SSL.

Thanks,
Erin

Message 100 of 152

Thank you so much for your help!  I see that it has been enabled.  

Message 100 of 152

Can you check out my account aswell please? 

Thanks in advance!

Greetz,

Remco (pro user for 10 years now)

Message 100 of 152
Square

Looks like it was rolled out to you, @RVdaalen. Feel free to enable it whenever you're ready!

Message 100 of 152

Can you check out my account as well?? Please!

pro user for 6 years
Thanks

George

Message 100 of 152

Please check my accounts, have been a PRO user for years.

Thanks

Message 100 of 152

Ok, please explain to me that it is NOW November 5th, and I STILL do not have the ability to enable SSL?
What the heck is going on here? 

Message 100 of 152
Square

It looks like most of your sites are designer client sites, @Elitesocial. We are rolling this out to the designer platform too, although I'm not sure where that falls in terms of the rollout. Sorry you don't have it yet!

Message 100 of 152

Adam
Can you please check when my sites will be rolled out, its getting quite urgent now.
Thanksyou
Message 100 of 152

We can't see a timeline for individual sites, but it will hopefully be rolled out for you soon!

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Erin

Weebly Community Manager

Message 100 of 152
Square

It also looks like it was rolled out to you at the same time, @HL1.

Message 100 of 152