x

I sell digital products only, I don't want my address on my store information but can't setup w/o it

My store sells only didital products, with nothing being shipped, ever. In order to set up my "store information" it is requiring me to input my address even though it states " Your company's name and contact information" is all you need. I do not see the need to have to pay for a P.O. Box and I do not want my home address to be used and listed as I do not want strangers to know this. What can I do? Am I just not allowed to sell my digital items without imputing my home address? If not, that is not small business friendly. Thank you for any responses!

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Yes, you could use the post office address. There's no need to purchase a P.O. Box, especially if you are not shipping anything. 😊

View Best Answer >

Message 9 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square

Thanks for reaching out, @DylanJ

Can you please confirm your site URL so we can take a look at your settings? 

Message 9 of 8

bmncoaching.weebly.com

Message 9 of 8
Square

Thanks. You will still need to input your information when setting up the store for tax purposes. However, by default, the checkout page will not request a shipping address from your customers. 

I noticed your site is on a free plan, and I do not believe it is possible to sell digital goods unless you are upgraded to the Business plan. 

Message 9 of 8

I will look into the business plan in order to do that. If the settings ABSOLUTLEY need my address then I have another question. Will it show my customers my address? I do not want my home address out there and customers, or anyone for that matter to know where I live.

Message 9 of 8
Square

The information you enter there will not show up unless you are creating a shipping label.

The address you setup in the email profile under Communications > Email will show, however, and you must input a physical address. You can use an alternate address here if you are not comfortable sharing your home address. 

Message 9 of 8

Doe sthe alternate address need to be something like a PO box registered in my name or could it be something like the Postal Service address in my town?

Message 9 of 8
Square

Best Answer

Yes, you could use the post office address. There's no need to purchase a P.O. Box, especially if you are not shipping anything. 😊

Message 9 of 8