x

Paypal Express interface - no transaction detail

So, in the change to paypal Express I can no longer see the details of my invoice in Paypal. Your printed invoice is so crappy that I was printing Paypal packing slips for my orders. Now I can no longer do that and the printed invoice in Weebly 4 is even worse than before! You aren't even breaking out shipping in the transaction. You are sending Paypal one lump sum. I'm sure that's REEALLY comforting to my customers! 

Is this a bug you are going to fix? I sure hope it's not by design because it's certainly not an improvement.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Square

Sorry for the trouble, @VickiW. Our engineers are working on fixing the print issues with orders in your store, so that shouldn't be an issue too much longer.  As for product details at PayPal, we're also working to add that as well although I don't have an ETA on when that'll happen.

Message 2 of 17

The same thing has happened to me as well. Hope you fix it soon. Not a happy camper. Please give an eta for how long this issue will take to resolve. Jill

Message 3 of 17

You have now successfully messed up my sales through PayPal. Congrats Weebly. When are you folks going to grow up. Ya'll act very immature and almost as if many if not all of you have ever run a business. It's time to get out of the kiddy pool and into the deep end.

Message 4 of 17

Also, knock that "Tourist" appelation off after my user name. For what I pay and what you are supposedly offeing I am certainly not a TOURIST. What an insult@!

Message 5 of 17

AllanMcIntyre, the only thing that was affected by that bug was printing the orders, not the functionality of the store or your customers ability to pay you for your product, and that bug should be fixed now. Please let us know if you're still having any issues.

As for "Tourist" and the other ranks our Community users acheive through their posts, here's more info on how that works:

https://community.weebly.com/t5/How-Do-I-In-the-Community/How-do-Community-Ranks-work/m-p/1773#M9

Message 6 of 17

Brodie,

That's not the ONLY thing that's broken. The Paypal interface still isn't passing through detail and it's not an inconsequential bug. Many of us do our financial reporting from Paypal.

The most recent bug with the invoice printing is fixed, but believe me, the invoice is still such an embarrassment that I prefer to print a packing slip from Paypal. I can't do that until you fix the interface. Please stop downplaying our issues as if they are inconsequential. I do not know why it is taking so long to get someone to pay attention to this. It may not be fun to design an invoice but it certainly isn't difficult.

It's time for Weebly to learn how we run our businesses. The workflow and customer-facing issues that we have are not flashy and sexy, like a video header, but they certainly affect our bottom line profits much more than a video header.

Message 7 of 17

VickiW, the cart details not being reported to PayPal is not a bug, it is a change. It is how our other payment processors already work. I understand it's not what you prefer, other customers have expressed the same opinion, and that has been heard. Those discussions are already taking place, both at Weebly and right here on the forum. So, I promise that you have been heard. It is not that the receipt bug, which was temporary and is now resolved, is not consequential. Just want to assure that the problem, now fixed, did not affect functionality of the store. And that's the most important part, being able to serve your customers and sell your product! Smiley Happy And we want to serve our customers, too, so we appreciate your feedback while Weebly asseses how to best handle integration with PayPal, and your patience as any lingering issues with PayPal integration are sorted out. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 17

Transaction details no present on my paypal I figured you could get this sorted out just like SHOPIFY and everyone else.

So I called WEEBLY and I just got off the phone with a person named Christopher B.

he asured me that there is no fix coming from WEEBLY for this issue, and suggested I use a different payment option like STRIPE. (with a RUDE tone on his voice displaying frustration)  I'm sure he was just tired of people complaning about this issue.

This type of customer service makes companies Disapear like: Circuit CIty, Blockbuster etc... Just remember there is alot of choices for the services you provide out there.

How can you not have a fix for transaction details item purchased description. on Paypal, you better get your enginners to work.

Man Frustrated

Message 9 of 17

marciobrenes, just to be clear, it's not a "fix" that engineers to resolve. It's just the way the system works now, just like it always has with our other payment processors. This is to give you more control over your transactions - when things went wrong, we had to refer you back to PayPal. Now, we can address issues with carts and the items in them when PayPal is your processor. We've got the customer feedback that you would like things back to the way they were. It's definitely being heard. That doesn't necessarily mean it will change back, or that I would have an ETA on such a change. In the meantime, all your cart details are in your Weebly store settings, and the receipt your customer receives from Weebly still has all those item details. PayPal gets the transaction total, the same as Stripe, Square, or Authorize.net.

Message 10 of 17

Hi Brodie - the integration hasn't been fixed. I'm still not seeing a list of what my customer ordered. I also do NOT want to use the WEEBLY P.O. becuase it's horribly formatted. I don't need to see my "note to customer upon purchase" at the top of my email?!? 
I need to see WHAT the customer ordered and their email address so I can email their tracking information upon shipment. This is absolutely horrible... I've been running my business this way for over 10 years without a single problem with PayPal... now this. 

Message 11 of 17

I'm with Vicki on this. I use PayPal to keep track of all my orders, to respond to my customers and for financial reporting. I'm going to have to bail on Weebly after being a loyal customer for over 5 years if they don't fix this issue.

Michelle Kline

xobruno

Message 12 of 17

xobruno, while I have no new info for you or date and time to announce, my understanding that a change is being made to 
have reporting work between Weebly and PayPal the way it did before. Thanks to customer feedback, a solution was sought
and is imminent. 
Message 13 of 17

THEY MESSED MINE UP ALSO. THEY TOLD ME TOO BAD. YOU WILL HAVE TO CONFORM TO OUR NEW WAY OF PROCESSING ORDERS.
Message 14 of 17

This kind of name-calling is childish and not helpful at all. Let's all stick to the facts, shall we? Weebly needs to FIX the PayPal interface so we can see what the customer ordered as well as use the PayPal shipping setup. I've lost shipping charges on several orders since the "upgrade"

Message 15 of 17

I just got off the phone with Weebly and they basically told me too bad, you are going to have to conform to our new way of doing shipping and processing order. I AM TOTALLY PISSED OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 16 of 17

Plese load the orderdesk app (from weeblys app store) I have been using it to connect weebly to shipstation....it brings over products and address....I do see paypal on the intgration page. It costs 15.00 a month sad we have to pay to get what we used to have but if you are as frustrated as I was/am it will change your life!!!

app ORDER DESK

15 a month

to integrate paypal click

integrations

and then "gateways" paypal is listed there. Good luck to you. I had to figure all of this out on my own. Webbly had no idea ORDERDESK would solve our problems. Blessings!

Message 17 of 17