x

Is Weebly ready for the PayPal security upgrades that go live this month?

PayPal's security upgrades go into effect later this month.  Is Weebly equipped for this?  Those who run eCommerce sites and use PayPal could be severely affected if not.  Following are links to 2 articles directly from PayPal.  Not being a 'techie,' this is practically Greek to me!

TLS 1.2 and HTTP/1.1 Upgrade Microsite SSL Certificate Upgrade Microsite

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Hey, @Heirloom_Angel!

Great question. I am asking our eCommerce team to make sure, but I believe the answer is yes, we are ready. Let me double check, and I should be able to get back to you in a few hours.

Thanks for your patience,

Erin

Message 2 of 12

Alright, I double-checked, and our developers have confirmed that we are indeed ready for PayPal's security upgrades.

No worries!

Thanks for asking!

Erin

Message 3 of 12

@Heirloom_Angel Many thanks for this question, I have been getting several emails from PayPal on the subject.

@Erin Thank you for the quick reply to Heirloom_Angel's question.

I am writing to ask if the changes Weebly is ready for, with PayPal, also applies to Australian PayPal accounts. After moving to Australia, I found there are a lot of differences between the two. 

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kind Regards,

Sabina

Message 4 of 12

Hello, @Sabina!

The security upgrades include Australia as well. You are good to go.

Message 5 of 12

@Robin

Many thanks!

Message 6 of 12

Thank you, @Robin.

Message 7 of 12

Thanks...I was just checking on this as well...Glad to hear we are "good to go!"

Message 8 of 12

Hi,

I just want to confirm that this readiness includes PayPal's update to SHA-256 as well?  

Thanks!

Message 9 of 12

Hey there!

No worries, we're keeping up on the upgrades here. We are indeed SHA-256 compatible.

Message 10 of 12

We have had an email from PayPal today saying that our website with you needs upgrading to TLS 1.2 and we have till June 2018 to do this otherwise there will be issues with continuity. So if we got this email today 11th April it demonstrates that all is not correct with your framework
Message 11 of 12
Square

We will have everything ready for that before then @shaz1953, and you shouldn't need to do anything yourself for that. Thanks for asking!

Message 12 of 12