x

Removing cart and store from site

Hello, I want to remove the store and cart from my site. I no longer want people to purchase items from the site. How can I do this?

Message 1 of 57
56 REPLIES 56

The quickest way to handle this is deleting the store page from your PAGES tab. There are other options, depending on what kind of plan you have. For instance, if you have a Pro or Business subscription and you want to save the information but restrict visibility, you could hide the store from navigation, select to hide from search engines in your Advanced settings, and place the store behind a password wall (maybe you want to relaunch the store in the future?). 

Let me know if those options work for you, or if you need further assistance!

Message 2 of 57

Thank you. I have removed the story page, but still have the cart in my navigation at the top. How do I remove that too?

Message 3 of 57

You can remove the Products, or, set the store to Buy Now - that should eliminate the Cart link.

Message 4 of 57

I have removed both the products AND changed to buy now.  The cart is still visible.

Message 5 of 57
Square

Can you check again, @kellyJ? It shouldn't be showing now for you.

Message 6 of 57

Im having the same problem. I have no store tab. No items in the shop. The tab shows in the menu. I need to get rid of it. It will confuse my customers who would be making their purchases from another site that I have linked to. 

Are there any answers that could help us out? 

Message 7 of 57

Ha! I changed the button to buy now and the shopping cart icon went away. Thank you so much for the advice. 

Smiley Very Happy 

Message 8 of 57
Square

Awesome, glad that did the trick!

Message 9 of 57

Adam,

I'm having the same problem.

I've deleted the products, set the store to buy now and the cart is still showing.

How can I get rid of it?

Thanks,

Louise

www.louisekay.net

Message 10 of 57

Hello Louise! The cart doesn't seem to be showing on the live site. Were you able to clear things up already?

Message 11 of 57

Hi! Hope you don't mind me butting in, but did you git 'publish' after you changed to 'buy it now'? I was pulling my hair out as I saw no way to delete cart from pages, I reread instructions and changed to 'Buy It Now' and it was still there - then realised i'd not published. I published and clicked on the weblink it shows to confirm it's been published and Yay!! ITS GONE!!Woman Wink

Message 12 of 57

I removed the products, set to "buy now" and removed the page from my page list... I still have the store icon. 

Message 13 of 57
Square

What site are you seeing this with, @DrBecky? I checked the one in your account tied to your Community profile but didn't see a cart in your navigation.

Message 14 of 57

Ah!  It seems to finally be gone.  Maybe it just needed a few hours to reset! 

Hooray! problem solved.  THANK YOU for responding!

Message 15 of 57
Square

Awesome! Glad to hear that.

Message 16 of 57

I have an external store,  not thru Weebly, its thru Ecwid but I started with loading products into Weebly.  The products page is gone but when I go to publish the site, it says I have products and shipping and need to upgrade.  Before it can even publish.  Can you help??

@Adam wrote:

Awesome! Glad to hear that.

Message 17 of 57
Square

You'll need to remove your shipping rates and products, @crazychickenart - once you do that it shouldn't prompt you to upgrade anymore. Sorry about that!

Message 18 of 57

what do you mean by set to "buy now"

i am trying to remove my cart icon from home page

amalikmd.com

Message 21 of 57
Square

Hi @atif1 If you change the setting to Buy Now it will remove the cart. You can do this by clicking Settings>Checkout>Advanced Settings and changing the cart function from "add to cart" to "buy now".

Message 21 of 57

How do you change to Buy Now? Mine wont let me change or edit, have no store, nothing in there ... but it is still there and just says that it's only visible on published site.

Message 23 of 57