x

Removing cart and store from site

Hello, I want to remove the store and cart from my site. I no longer want people to purchase items from the site. How can I do this?

Message 1 of 57
56 REPLIES 56
Square

There's a couple ways to do this, @KAHATAHI:

1. Connect to a checkout provider in Settings > Checkout, then go to your advanced settings on that page and change your store to "buy now" instead of "Add-to-cart". After that you can disconnect from the checkout provider.

2. Download our iOS or Android app from the App Store or Google Play store, then change it in your store settings with that.

Message 23 of 57

I am also having the same problem.  I have a cart utton in my navigation but I do not have a store page in my pages listing to turnoff visivility with.  I have nowhere to turn off the cart button... please help!  Thanks Smiley Happy

Diane

http://www.dianelunadesign.com/

NOTE: Solved by reading additional Weeblyblogs... but now I can't figure out how to delete this comment.  Here is the solution, if anyone is reading this:  https://community.weebly.com/t5/Site-Editor/Cart/m-p/1527#M104

Message 23 of 57
Square

Hey @Designer_Diane! I can remove your comment, although leaving it here makes it easier for others to find the solution you did.

Message 24 of 57

Message 25 of 57

Hey, same issue here. I don't have a store (never had), but switched to buy now mode anyways -- did not solve my issue. My page is http://angolkiejtes.hu but you won't see the cart button there, because I haven't republished the site since I'm having this problem (obviously). Please fix this, it's really annoying.

Message 26 of 57

managed to remove it by editing the css file

Message 27 of 57

That did the trick!!!  Thanks.

Message 28 of 57

Hitting the refresh button on the browser updated the change for me 🙂

Message 29 of 57

Hi

I am trying to delete my store from my website, and the cart appears at the top. I did a google search and this forum came up, removing the cart symbol is actually confusing. When I click "Store" i do not see anything that says settings at all, can someone please remove Cart from my website or give clear directions on how this is done. A lot of people are having the same issue so maybe weebly should create something more clear and helpful for their customers so we won't all comtinue to have the same issue, along with the app for the phone, its really horrible.

Message 30 of 57
Square

Hey @asmalls! To remove your cart you change the "Store Mode" option in Store > Setup to "buy now". It looks like you've already done this, though, and I don't see the cart on your site.

Message 31 of 57

For anyone who has been driven mad for 20 mins ....

INSTRUCTIONS

Click on STORE at the top, then setup at the bottm of the list, then GENERAL > edit > turn buy it now on > save

re-fresh the whole weebly site, then publish it.

Message 32 of 57

Thank you! Removing the products worked for me!

Message 33 of 57
Square

Awesome! Glad to hear that. Smiley Happy

Message 34 of 57

i am not seeing how to set the store to buy now. 

Message 37 of 57
Square

Which site are you looking at, @ektseng? If the site isn't upgraded you might not see the option since you can't actually sell anything yet.

Message 37 of 57

Same problem with me! I've removed all the products from my store but I don't know how to set the store to "Buy Now"?

Message 48 of 57
Square

Can you temporarily connect to a checkout provider, @BeamGoosty? Once you do that you should see more options in Store > Setup > Checkout where you can switch to "buy now". Once you've done that you can disconnect.

Message 48 of 57

Hello! Thanks for helping me! But I didn't the option to change to "buy now" on the page. I went to Store > Setup > Checkout and I didn't see it. I only see the option of Connecting to a Stripe account and a PayPal account. Check out the screenshot I've taken to demonstrate clearly.image

Message 48 of 57
Square

Hi @BeamGoosty You'll have to connect Stripe first in order to see the options. Alternatively, if you have the Weebly app (Google or Apple) you can choose the Buy Now option from the store settings in the app without connecting a processor. : )

Message 48 of 57

Hello @Bernadette!

Thank you for your reply! But is there a way that you don't need to connect your Stripe account? Because it might take a long time to create one and what is the point of making a Stripe account and not using it? So is there a way to don't need a Stripe account and you could change to buy now? Or is that the only way?

Thanks!

Message 48 of 57
Square

Hi @BeamGoosty It's actually pretty easy to setup an account, however, if you don't want to do this you can download the Weebly app instead. Do you have an Apple or Android device? 

Message 48 of 57