x

How can I fix my terminal printer?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Problem with terminal not printing tickets or receipts]

I am using a Square terminal and it has worked perfectly for 5 months but today it stopped printing. It acted like it was jammed and it took a bit to get the receipt paper door open and we changed the roll and re-loaded even though there was still a pretty full roll in it.  We can mess with it and get it to print once but the next ticket/receipt wont advance. 

Any advice on troubleshooting or warranty through Square? 

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Alumni

Hello @Skillet,

Thank you for posting in the Seller Community. Welcome.

Our teams would be more than happy to help you out with this and discuss your warranty options. 

Check out ways on how to get in contact with us by visiting here.

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 3

I realize this is an old thread, but others may have the same problem. Mine just started doing this. I noticed that there is a little play in the door. It is closed, but it doesn't appear to be completely seated. If I put pressure on the back, it prints correctly. It isn't ideal to have to do that every time. I tested it about 15 times between putting pressure and not putting pressure in the center of the back of the door and it does seem to work every time with pressure. 

It is still under warranty, so Square is shipping a replacement door. In the meantime, if you have this issue, you can still print receipts while waiting. 

Angi

Message 3 of 3