x

Payout Receipts

Hi, this is pretty basic, but there needs to be a way to have any cash payouts made to vendors or for tips, etc print out a little chit on the Star printer so one can staple it to the receipt and prove that it has been paid cash. This would be very helpful at month end when I have to sort and calculate all of my cash payouts. One does a payout and a receipt is generated on the printer...so easy to do and so necessary. Now I have to look up each cash drawer report and I have 3 per day, 93 per month...pain in the boo-tay. Coffeeshop Manager had this and it was great. Also, why is there no way to generate a cash paid out or in report for a time period? Kinda basic I would think?

Thanks

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Are you saying you need to report a cash sale? I work venodr fairs and fesitvals and at the check out when you are collecting payment theres a cash option for how you collect it when I'm using the app on my phone. (third down in this pic but it shows further down when i have readers plugged in/turned on)

Message 2 of 11
Square

@Pigman - Welcome to the Seller Community! To get going, would you mind clarifying for SBB? As for the report question, we just currently generate one cash drawer report, but you can open and close it throughout the day if you'd like to get the pending balance and start fresh. Hope this helps! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 3 of 11
Super Seller

I would like to see this feature as well.  The responses didn't seem to understand the original question.  When we do a cash payout to a vendor from the drawer, we can enter in that there was a cash payout, but there isn't a printout of this payout to attach to the vendor invoice, nor is there an easy way to report on all payouts.  For accounting purposes, we then have to look at each cash drawer report to see any cash payouts from the drawer and what they were used for.  Any chance there will be a printout from the star receipt printer for each cash payout and also a way to run a date range report for cash payouts with their description?

~Cheryl!
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!

Cheryl! Tisland
Burst Of Butterflies Create & Paint Studio

BurstOfButterflies.com
Message 4 of 11
Super Seller

@BofBArtStudio, @Pigman If you enable Cash Drawer Managment, you should be able to do exactly what you've described.

Here is a Square article on the subject
Cash Drawer Managment

Message 5 of 11
Super Seller

We have cash drawer management enabled and have for nearly three years.

This does not address the issue

It would be nice to have a report that shows payouts for a date range AND a receipt that prints each time a payout is created.

~Cheryl!
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!

Cheryl! Tisland
Burst Of Butterflies Create & Paint Studio

BurstOfButterflies.com
Message 6 of 11

Amen! Easy to add this feature, every other POS system does it!

Message 7 of 11

Any updates on payout receipts and reporting? We've also been having issues keeping track of payouts. Thanks!

Message 8 of 11
Super Seller Alumni

Agreed, for every pay out or pay in, a receipt should be printed showing who did the payout/in, the reason, amount, etc. 

Message 9 of 11
Beta Member

I agree with this. Does anyone have a workaround?

Message 10 of 11
Super Seller Alumni

We use JotForm to track information. We use one to count the drawer down for associates that need it. We track their sales per drawer and deposits via the jotform reports. We created one for payouts that you enter the information and it makes a record of it on a google sheet for us to print at the end of each month. Even have it set up where I can mark it approved or denied too. 

Message 11 of 11